“You seriously don’t care, do you?” The unimpressed brow of her friend expressed her distaste as Vivian came back to the car, her arms laden with heavy plastic bags. ‘IExplore More
LG Filtered Water Dispensers in Sydney, Melbourne & Brisbane
( metropolitan areas only )
Who are we?
Why choose us?
Where can you get more information?
Why filtered water dispensers?
Table water or filtered water? Still or sparkling?
These are common questions asked by waiters to customers when in restaurants or cafes. Table water is of course just tap water and you can often hear people rolling their eyes when filtered water is asked for. In a country like Australia, where there is efficient plumbing and acid rain is rarely an issue, is there any need to ask for water from a water cooler or filtered water dispenser?
Of course, diseases such as cholera and dysentery, caused by contaminated water are rarely heard of in Australia, however this does not mean the water in Australia is entirely safe, especially due to worsening levels of pollution and its vulnerability to drought season. States such as the W.A have warned residents against drinking tap water and consequently many residents only drink water from filtered water dispensers due to contamination. Research in Sydney too has also shown that there are health concerns about drinking tap water due to factors such aging drain pipes that release harmful metals into the water. The ways in which water scarcity negatively affects the quality of drinking water during a drought is listed below:
• Water pollution and toxicity in the water levels increase due to the rise in acid levels which also then effects the wildlife that drink this water
• The sediment runoff increases the longer the drought goes on
• Algae and bacteria thrive on warm surface water and the extra sediment caused by the drought
• The decrease in water levels mean increased concentration of contaminants
During these times it is even more important to ensure that our drinking water is safe to consume. Drought only exacerbates these issues due to aging pipes and plumbing in Sydney. Furthermore, other Australian cities are also experiencing harmful levels of water pollution due to population increase. Filtered water of course then plays a key role in ensuring your health and hydration. Though there is still the option to purchase filtered water in plastic bottles, it is strongly inadvisable to use plastic containers, considering the damage they do to the environment. Filtered water dispensers do not continually use plastic containers and in most cases are directly connected to home plumbing. However, even filtered water dispensers are not all made the same. It is important to understand that just because a company claims to use an efficient filtering system for their filtered water dispensers, this may not necessarily be so. Make sure to ask relevant questions to ensure you do not waste your money and time on scams based on pseudo science.
Questions you could ask to investigate both the company and their filtered water dispensers are:
- How long has the company existed? Generally speaking, the longer a company has existed the more reliable they are in terms of their products such as filtered water dispensers. There is a reason as to why they company has lasted so long.
- Where is the filtered water dispenser manufactured? The locations in which the filtered water dispensers are manufactured is very indicative of the quality of materials they use.
- What kind of filtering system do they use for their filtered water dispensers? Second rate filtering systems will not filter your water and purify it the way it should be purified. Find out what the system of filtration actually entails.
- What materials are removed from the water and why? Many companies claim to remove or add materials that either do not need to be removed or added. They may cover unscientific information with flowery phrases to market their filtered water dispensers but be very wary of these strategies.
Any legitimate company will not give you vague or generic information regarding their filtered water dispensers and they will not try to ignore or sway your questions with useless marketing pitches. If they cannot answer your questions then further caution may be required before you buy their products. The purchasing of a filtered water dispensers is a big decision that effects you and family, so make sure the company and filtered water dispenser you choose is one that is reliable.